Patient Involvement in Trauma Research

General discussion about new trauma related topics that have yet to be put into categories.

Moderators: bobcat, Caroline, forum_admin

Patient Involvement in Trauma Research

by edbaker_ed » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:44 am

Dear After Trauma members,

I am currently developing a research study funded by the National Institute of Healthcare Research based at King's College London. In this study we will be looking at outcomes for patient with multiple rib fractures as part of the development of a new integrated treatment pathway for these patients in hospital.

I am looking for experienced patients and family members to help as members of a steering group. If you would be interested in becoming involved in shaping trauma research in the future please get in touch. I would love to hear from you. It is only through patient and user involvement that we can ensure that the research remains truly patient centred

I look forward to hearing from you.

Ed Baker
edward.e.baker@kcl.ac.uk

Re: Patient Involvement in Trauma Research

by Brian S » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:19 pm

Hi there, I broke seven ribs in many places so I think I would qualify for this type of thing. I'm not sure whether you need a physical presence of anybody or whether it is all done via the Internet or possibly both.

I am the Patient Representative for Southmead Major Trauma centre here in Bristol and we are playing our part towards post discharge support.

You might like to have a look at the website I have just finished www.trauma-news.net

Brian