Severe brain injury

Discussions about recovering from traumatic brain injury (TBI).

Moderators: bobcat, Caroline, forum_admin

Severe brain injury

by nicole_s » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:44 pm

I just came across this web resource about severe brain injury which might be helpful for some:

"In this section you can find out about the experience of having a relative in a vegetative or minimally conscious state. The two researchers travelled all around the UK to talk to 65 people in their own homes. Here you can hear and see people share their personal stories. Find out about issues such as hope, care and treatment, making decisions, impact on the family and reflections on consciousness, recovery and the end of life.

Read more: http://www.healthtalk.org/peoples-experiences/nerves-brain/family-experiences-vegetative-and-minimally-conscious-states/topics#ixzz3VEBcGPuk

Re: Severe brain injury

by AllisonBird » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:42 am

Thanks a lot for the share. I've gone through the article and I believe it would really help those in need, like me, to help find solution. My cousin suffered severe internal injuries when he met with an accident back in October of last year. Although it wasn't his mistake, he had to undergo multiple operations and his condition is still unstable. Certain relatives advised us to apply for a personal injury claim but we were more worried about his condition. My uncle consulted a personal injury lawyer( https://www.campisilaw.ca/ ) in Vaughan who helped us receive a good share of claim amount. We still hope and pray that his condition would improve but with each passing day, things have started to look desperate. Hoping for the best.

Re: Severe brain injury

by nicole_s » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:05 pm

Hi Allison, glad that article was of some help. So sorry to hear about your cousin, that sounds awful and I know being a relative you can feel quite helpless in these situations. Sending positive vibes your way.